Central UMC Preschool Job Opening
Our Preschool Family is currently in need of a teacher for our Young 2’s Classroom to begin in January. The hours are part-time from 8:45 am to 12:15 pm. Pay is dependent upon qualifications and experience. We do offer an employee discount to those with preschool children who wish to enroll in Central UMC Preschool.
Qualifications and requirements are as follows:
Although a certified Early Childhood Educator or certified Elementary Education Teacher will always be preferred, we do not require certification for our younger classrooms. In absence of certification, the following criteria would be acceptable:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and able to read and write
- An undergraduate college or university degree in early childhood, childhood growth and development or a related field, OR High School Diploma, plus six months experience as a teacher/caregiver in a licensed, approved or registered child care facility
- Must be familiar with and become knowledgeable of DSS regulations, as they pertain to a child care facility and the age group you serve
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keep parents informed of classroom activities (Daily Sheets or Weekly Newsletter)
- Submit and post a classroom schedule
- Submit a weekly lesson plan that is age appropriate to the children in your care
- Plan daily activities and share duties with assistant
- Diapering and toileting children, as needed
- Must be punctual and dependable, as children need as much consistency as possible.
For consideration, you may submit a resume to Jennifer Walters, Director of Central UMC Preschool. You may call or submit the form below to schedule a visit to submit your resume in person or mail your resume to the address listed above.
265 West Cheves Street
Florence, SC, 29501